Information about City of Boulder Carnival, Circus or Menagerie Licenses

How to apply for a carnival, circus or Menagerie license

Application Overview

  • The Carnival, Circus, or Menagerie license application must be completely filled out and signed, including: i) business entity name, ii) legal name, home address, and birth date of all owners, officers, members, and managers, and iii) must list the location and date(s) of the proposed licensed event. The application will be routed to Risk Management for assessment, Sales Tax for research on
    business license status and tax remittance history, notice to Boulder Police for event, and Building Services and Boulder Fire for application comment.
  • A sales tax deposit in the amount of $150 (business check only) must be submitted. For questions, contact Sales Tax at
  • An application must be received at least 30 days prior to the event.

How to Apply for a Carnival, Circus, or Menagerie License

Register for a City of Boulder Customer Self Service Portal Account

Apply & Pay Online

Submit completed application and payment online through the City of Boulder Customer Self-Service Portal.

View PDF application and payment instructions

Have Questions?

The Regulatory Licensing Division holds virtual application clinics every Wednesday morning from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., which you may attend virtually to ask miscellaneous license application questions: