- The Carnival, Circus, or Menagerie license application must be completely filled out and signed, including: i) business entity name, ii) legal name, home address, and birth date of all owners, officers, members, and managers, and iii) must list the location and date(s) of the proposed licensed event. The application will be routed to Risk Management for assessment, Sales Tax for research on
business license status and tax remittance history, notice to Boulder Police for event, and Building Services and Boulder Fire for application comment.
- A certificate of insurance naming City of Boulder as an additional insured and listing worker's compensation coverage and minimum limits of $150,000 for any one person and $600,000 for any one accident, with a public property damage minimum of $100,000 for any one accident.
- The applicant must provide proof of applying for/obtaining a city business sales and use tax license.
- A sales tax deposit in the amount of $500 (business check only) must be submitted. For questions, contact Sales Tax at email@example.com
- If mechanical rides or attractions are a part of the business, the applicant must submit a letter certifying that no operator is under 18 years old.
- An event diagram including ride locations and power source locations
- State of Colorado Certificate of Registration for Carnival Business
- 3rd party certificates of inspection for each ride to be operated in Boulder
- A fee of $480.00/day must accompany the completed application.
- An application must be received at least 30 days prior to the event.
- License must be posted at the approved location for the event duration.
How to Apply for a Carnival, Circus, or Menagerie License
Complete Application Packet
Locate the Carnival, Circus, or Menagerie License Application Packet in the Application Documents section below.
The Regulatory Licensing Division holds virtual application clinics every Wednesday morning, which you may attend via call in to ask questions
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for Miscellaneous license application questions
Call: 720-593-3714 and enter conf ID: 564 139 518#
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 720-593-3714,,564139518# United States, Denver
Phone Conference ID: 564 139 518#