Open Water Swims
Every Wednesday morning, we set up our 750 meter course. Watersafety is provided. The cost of the swim is $10 per person. Swimmers may start a lap any time between 7 and 7:30 a.m.
Additional Open water Swims before the Full Ironman: 750 meter course, watersafety provided.
- Wednesday, July 29: Swimmers may start a lap between 7 and 8:15 a.m. Course closed at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, July 31: Swimmers may start a lap between 6:15 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. Course closed at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 1: IRONMAN ATHLETES ONLY – Athletes must wear or show race number. Swimmers may start between 7 and 8:15 a.m. Course closed at 8:30 a.m.
General closures for Ironman
The boat house will be closed Thursday, July 30 through Saturday, Aug. 1. The boathouse will open at noon on Aug.2, after the Ironman swim.
The park is closed (except to Ironman athletes) all day on Saturday, Aug. 1.
About the Boulder Reservoir
Boulder Reservoir is a 700-acre, multi-use recreation and water-storage facility, owned and managed by the City of Boulder and operated as a water supply by the Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District. It is used for recreation, drinking water and irrigation. Popular recreation activities at the reservoir include boating, swimming, sun bathing, water skiing, fishing, picnics, walking, running, cycling and wildlife viewing.
Weather, closure and other updates are posted to our Twitter feed on the lower right.
Boulder Reservoir Information
- 2015 Special Event Schedule and Closures Due to Events
- Parks - Boulder Reservoir Infrastructure Improvements
- Boulder Reservoir
- Boulder Reservoir Aquatic Nuisance Species
- Boulder Reservoir History
- Boulder Reservoir Site Management Plan
- Boulder Reservoir Master Plan
- Boulder Reservoir Special Event Application
- Boulder Reservoir Contact List