Thank you for your interest in bringing your neighbors together for positive experiences.
Block party permits require a minimum of 20 business days to allow time for processing. You must submit your application at least 20 business days prior to your event. Late applications cannot be considered.
Applicants will be contacted with the results of the application.
Each block party permit application will be reviewed by the following departments:
- Boulder Fire Department
- Boulder Police Department
- Risk Management
- Department of Community Vitality
- Neighborhood Services
Due to other considerations that present traffic and public safety challenges, Block Party Permits will not be granted for the following dates in 2023:
- St. Patrick's Day week and weekends - March 10 through 19
- CU Commencement - April 30 through May 14
- BOLDERBoulder - May 27 through 29
- Dead & Company Concerts - July 1 through July 3
- University Hill (all areas): Aug. 11 to Sept. 23
- Halloween - Oct. 27 through 31
- University of Colorado Boulder home football games:
- Sept. 9
- Sept. 16
- Sept. 30
- Oct. 13
- Nov. 4
- Nov. 11
Please read all of the information under each tab below before applying. If you have questions, please reach out to the neighborhood liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-441-1895.
Are you looking to reserve a city park or shelter? We have all the information you need.
Is your event too big to be contained on one block, or one that will be open to the general public? Explore options for Boulder Special Events.