2022 Park Shelter Reservations
Our park shelters season, in general, is the first weekend in May and End on Labor Day.
Reservations are accepted beginning mid-February - use the request form below...
Changes for 2022: Shelters are open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. with only one group allowed to reserve per day.
- Foothills Community Park (Shelters A, B and C) - Max capacity per shelter is 50
- If your party is between 50-99 people, please reserve shelters A and B
- If your party is 100 people or larger, please reserve shelters A, B, and C
- Harlow Platts Park - Max capacity is 250
- Martin Park - Max capacity is 100
- North Boulder Park - Max capacity is 250
- Boulder residents - $100
- Non-residents - $125
- Alcohol permits - $25
- Electrical use - $10
Deposit is $100 or $200 with alcohol permit requests.
Parks not available for shelter reservation:
General Park guidelines (visiting the park without a reservation)
You may use parks and picnic shelters on a first-come, first-serve basis. Groups with a park shelter reservation will have priority use of the shelter.
Groups must be limited to 50 people or fewer and all participants must follow local and state public health guidance. Glass containers, alcohol and private grills are prohibited.
- Parks General Rules and Guidelines PDF
- Spread awareness of Leave No Trace principles and encourage park users to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Plan to bring your own bags to pack out your trash and recycling due to reduced park service levels.
- Be aware of safety conditions and fire bans. Check the Boulder Office of Emergency Management.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chautauqua Park is the open lawn area north of the Chautauqua buildings to Baseline Road within the circular drive. The shelter located behind the Dining Hall is a Chautauqua Association rental.
If your group in the open lawn area is between 50 and 100 people you will need a large group gathering permit and your event must end by 5 p.m.
You must have a permit to bring a gas grill and/or have any alcohol at Chautauqua park open lawn area for any size group. The permit may have a fee and requires a deposit of $100 to $200.
NOTE: The City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks Department manages the trail system. The Chautauqua Association owns and manages the buildings and lodging. The Chautauqua Dining Hall is a private business.
In order for a park shelter to be approved for the reservation process it must have running water restrooms, a covered shelter area with dedicated/stationary picnic tables, be handicap accessible.
Recycle, trash and compost bins available.
Your name, Business or organization name (if applicable), address, phone number, birthdate, park location, maximum number of people expected. The process can be completed by using the Shelter Rental Request online form and payment made by VISA, MC, Discover or AmEx.
The deposit will be returned within 14 days or sooner after your event. If you paid with a credit card the refund will be credited back to the same credit card if this card is still active. If you paid with cash or check you will receive a check from the City of Boulder finance office.
You may bring a battery operated portable player or have acoustical music only. Use of amplification or live bands is allowed in the Central Park/Civic area with a special event permit or the Boulder Reservoir.
Park Shelter Reservation REQUEST
Season begins the first weekend in May and ends after Labor Day in September
Other outdoor options after Labor Day: Boulder Reservoir, Valmont Bike Park, Open Space Mtn Parks or Boulder County parks for rentals into late Sept and October
You must be at least 18 years old to complete this form and 21 years old to add on an Alcohol permit.
Your request is for a private event (not open to the public,). This private event must be invitation only and may not be broadcast on any social media. Electrical may not be used for PA systems, or Food Truck vendors.
Making a request will not hold the park. An email response will be sent to you.
- A minimum of 7 days notice required during the summer season for requesting park shelters without alcohol
- A minimum of 15 days notice required for requesting an alcohol permit
Third party requests are not accepted. You must be the applicant to complete this form and sign the parks permit reservation documents with the City of Boulder.
Alcohol Rules 5-7-5.A(21)
The Manager may revoke the permit and evict participants from the facility or park for unruly, drunken, or other behavior which creates a public disturbance, or for violation of these rules or any condition of a permit. No person shall consume or dispense any malt, vinous, or spirituous liquor or fermented malt beverage in violation of these rules or of any condition of a permit issued pursuant to them.
CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL
- City Alcohol Permits will be issued on a first-come/first-served basis. No more than one permit shall be issued for any location at any one time.
- City Alcohol Permits will be issued for use at specified locations only.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- All participants must be 21 years of age or accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Alcohol is not for sale at this event and may not be provided by catering service, or vendor.
- Promotion of this event with media, social or otherwise opening to the public, is prohibited.
- All malt, vinous, or spirituous liquor or fermented malt beverage shall be served and consumed within 25 feet of the shelter/area. Persons shall not leave the approved location with alcohol in open containers.
- All state and local alcohol laws must be obeyed.
Cancellation Policy: One-half (50%) of the fee will be refunded if cancellation is 15 days or more before the scheduled date. If your reservation is canceled 14 days or less before scheduled date, no refund will be issued.
Changes and Rescheduling Policy: Reservations can be changed ($15.00 Admin Fee is applied), providing the date(s) are in the same rental season, the date(s) are available and do not interfere with any other functions.
Inclement Weather Policy: No refunds are given due to inclement conditions. However, if there is space available, we will be happy to reschedule your reservation during the same rental season. Call our main office 303-413-7200 Option 0 for operator, within 24 hours of your scheduled event and leave a message if after business hours.