Overview of Business Licenses in the City of Boulder

A Business License is required for any business operating in Boulder. The application can be submitted on Boulder's Online Tax System.

Information about the City of Boulder licensing is in Title 3 of the Boulder Revised Code.

  • Business licensing fees of $25.00 are owed per licensed site and are non-refundable.
  • Any fees owed must be paid before the license is issued.
  • The business license may take 4-6 weeks to process.
  • The application cannot be processed without a complete description of the proposed business activities.

Apply for a Business License

Boulder Online Tax System

The Boulder Online Tax System is used for business license applications as well as for tax returns.

Complete a Business License Application

  • Click “Complete a Business License Application” under “Registration” to begin.
  • For businesses operating out of a personal residence, a “home occupation” form is required and found inside the business license application.