Information about the City of Boulder licensing is in Title 3 of the Boulder Revised Code.
- Business licensing fees of $25.00 are owed per licensed site and are non-refundable.
- Any fees owed must be paid before the license is issued.
- The business license may take 4-6 weeks to process.
- The application cannot be processed without a complete description of the proposed business activities.
Apply for a Business License
Boulder Online Tax System
The Boulder Online Tax System is used for business license applications as well as for tax returns.
- Head to the Boulder Online Tax System
Complete a Business License Application
- Click “Complete a Business License Application” under “Registration” to begin.
- For businesses operating out of a personal residence, a “home occupation” form is required and found inside the business license application.