Temporary Closures, Advisories and Fire Bans
Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP's) interactive trail map includes trail closures - an easy option to check before your trip!
Always bring a face covering when you leave home and maintain 6 feet of distance
- You will need a face covering to visit Boulder’s open space trails and parks. Always bring one with you when you leave home.
- Place it over your nose and mouth when you can’t maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
- Wear it around your neck or wrist when no one else is around.
- Parents should help children older than 2 years old properly wear a face covering.
- Help protect vulnerable community members and each other.
Don’t forget: Keep the space in open space! Always stay at least 6 feet from others you don’t live with or haven’t agreed to have close contact with.
Please follow these other responsible recreation reminders:
- Visit OSMPTrails.org to see current trail closures, historical data that shows areas of high and low open space use and trails that are wider than 6 feet. See when trails are busiest through our Visitation Data Explorer.
- Protect first responders. Know your limits and don’t take unnecessary risks.
- Plan ahead and consider recreating closer to home as parking is extremely limited - especially on Flagstaff Mountain.
- Remember: Leave No Trace! Pick up trash and dog waste. Stay on trail and walk through mud. Step off if you need to maintain distance but quickly step back on trail.
- For more responsible recreation reminders, please visit the Covid-19 Recovery page.
Muddy Trail Closures
No trails are currently closed due to muddy conditions.
Access point near Foothills Trailhead maintenance work July 16, 2020
OSMP will be conducting road and drainage repair work at the access point near the Foothills Trailhead, across from Silver Canyon Coffee on Thursday, July 16. All trails will remain open, but please park at least 100 feet from the gate or find alternate access if possible.
Anemone Hill Trail Construction beginning May 14, 2020
Please visit osmpprojects.org for details on this project and trail closures.
Gregory Canyon restroom closed
The restroom is temporarily closed because of maintenance issues. This notice will be removed when the restroom has been reopened.
Chapman Drive and Boulder Falls impacted by work in Boulder Canyon
Visitor access to these areas – either by bike, by car or by foot – will be limited while the Colorado Department of Transportation conducts work in Boulder Canyon. For specific closure times, please visit the project website. Boulder Falls is currently open. Temporary closures will still occur until construction is complete.
Rock Island 1 in Boulder Canyon closed
Rock Island 1 is closed. The rock fractured and part fell onto the Boulder Canyon Creek path. Sections of the remaining rock have been evaluated as unstable so it is closed until recommended bolting can be completed.
No parking along Highway 170 near Doudy Draw and South Mesa Trailheads
Please remember that parking is not allowed on Highway 170 at any time.