The city notifies customers in advance of planned water shutdowns but is unable to provide advance notice for emergency events such as a main break.
Report a Water Service Disruption or Water Main Break
- Planned outages related to construction activity are often posted on the interactive Cone Zones Map. Other types of construction and travel impacts are also included on the map.
Common causes of outages:
- Main breaks;
- Service line breaks;
- Planned water main maintenance;
- Water main replacement.
Report a service disruption
- Please call 303-441-3200 between 8 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- At any other time, please call 303-441-3200 and your call will be forwarded.
- Please ALWAYS call the listed phone numbers to report a water outage and do not report via Inquire Boulder.
- For maintenance problems such as frozen pipes indoors or no hot water, please contact a private plumber.