Planning & Development Services Online Center
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays
*Tuesday Morning Trainings (8 to 10 a.m.)
The services center opens at 10 a.m. on Tuesdays to allow staff to attend weekly trainings and/or coordination meetings as part of the ongoing commitment to improve customer service. The Services Center opens at 8 a.m. on Tuesdays that follow a Monday holiday.
Discretionary Review Track Submittal Date Changes
Planning and Development Services have changed LUR and TEC Review tracks to three-week cycles. This means that applications are now routed for review every three weeks instead of on the first and third Mondays of each month. The new submittal calendar is published here.
Administrative applications (ADRs) are routed every other Monday, but remain on a two-week review cycle.
This change is being made to create a more predictable and reliable review schedule and to better manage staff workload. For more information please email: [email protected]
Customer Self-Service Portal
Visit our new Customer Self-Service Portal where you can:
- Pay for invoiced fees and view paid fees
- View permit and other application statuses
- Apply for select application types
- Access licenses information
- Request inspections and view results
- View daily inspection schedule
Scheduling Appointments to meet with a Project Specialist
- Currently, appointments are offered for the following scopes of work; building permit submittals, permit resubmittals in response to staff comments and general questions.
- Appointments are for in person consultations only.
- Appointments must be booked at least 24 hours in advance and can be made up to one week in advance.
- Appointment are NOT required, but are an option to customers to help avoid wait times, select their desired project specialist and choose their own time slot.
- We will continue to offer the streamlined services queue for single-trade permits, historic review and resubmittals not including a change of scope.
- We intend to continue to survey customers and staff to inform ongoing enhancements and improvements to the services we provide.
Accessory Dwelling Units
Starting Feb. 1, 2019, there are new application requirements and review criteria for an administrative review for an accessory dwelling unit. Please see the attachment to the administrative review application form for accessory dwelling units for the updated requirements. This update is in conjunction with the adoption of Ordinance 8256. Learn more about accessory dwelling units.
About Planning and Development Services
Planning and Development Services (P+DS) coordinates all of the development-related functions across the city's Planning and Public Works departments.
Boulder Planning - Updates about local development and planning information.
Map of Development Review Projects - Including project documents
The P+DS Center is located on the third floor of the Park Central building at 1739 Broadway, near the corner of Broadway and Arapahoe Avenue, next door to Mustard's Last Stand. Metered parking is available on the south side of the building off of Arapahoe Avenue.
Project Specialists are available for walk-in consultations during P+DS business hours. You may also leave a phone message for the Project Specialists during P+DS business hours at 303-441-1880, and they will return calls in the order they were received.