Planning & Development Services Online Center
Upcoming Schedule Changes
Feb. 18: The Services Center will be closed for President's Day.
Feb. 26: The Services Center will be closed for a staff training day.
March 4 - 8: There will be limited staff at the Services Center. As a result, there may be delays in inspections, Project Specialist appointments will not be scheduled, and customers may experience delayed service response times.
Normal Hours of Operation
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; and
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays (except for the dates the service center will be closed, listed above)
*Tuesday Morning Trainings (8 to 10 a.m.)
The services center opens at 10 a.m. on Tuesdays to allow staff to attend weekly trainings and/or coordination meetings as part of the ongoing commitment to improve customer service. The Services Center opens at 8 a.m. on Tuesdays that follow a Monday holiday.
Visit our new Customer Self-Service Portal where you can:
- Pay for invoiced fees and view paid fees
- View permit and other application statuses
- Apply for select application types
- Access licenses information
- Request inspections and view results
- View daily inspection schedule
For those with questions on how to set up an account, make an inspection request or submit a permit application, please review the user guide or visit the EnerGov webpage.
Appointments can be scheduled by following this link:
- Currently, appointments are only offered for initial submittal of building permit applications for full review, including remodels, additions and new construction.
- Appointments will NOT be required, but will be an option to customers.
- Customers can still come to the Services Center as a walk-in customer to submit a building permit application.
- Appointments can be booked up to one week in advance with 24-hours notice required.
- By scheduling an appointment, customers can: avoid wait times, select their desired Project Specialist and a time of their choosing. Appointments can be scheduled with one-day notice up to a week in advance.
- While appointments are currently only being offered for building permit submittals, we plan to offer appointments for other services, such as submittal of development review applications, in the coming months.
- We will continue to offer the streamlined services queue for single-trade permits, historic review and resubmittals not including a change of scope.
- We intend on continuing to survey customers and staff to inform ongoing enhancements and improvements to the services we provide.
Accessory Dwelling Units
NOTICE – Starting Feb. 1, 2019, there are new application requirements and review criteria for an administrative review for an accessory dwelling unit. Please see the attachment to the administrative review application form for accessory dwelling units for the updated requirements. This update is in conjunction with the adoption of Ordinance 8256. Learn more about accessory dwelling units.
About Planning and Development Services
Planning and Development Services (P+DS) coordinates all of the development-related functions across the city's Planning, Housing and Sustainability and Public Works departments.
Boulder Planning - Updates about local development and planning information.
Map of Development Review Projects - Including project documents
The P+DS Center is located on the third floor of the Park Central building at 1739 Broadway, near the corner of Broadway and Arapahoe Avenue, next door to Mustard's Last Stand. Metered parking is available on the south side of the building off of Arapahoe Avenue.
Project Specialists are available for walk-in consultations during P+DS business hours. You may also leave a phone message for the Project Specialists during P+DS business hours at 303-441-1880, and they will return calls in the order they were received.