North Boulder Recreation Center
The Boulder Parks and Recreation Department is planning to increase access to recreation centers while still staying safe and following Boulder County Public Health guidelines.
As a part of the shift, facilities are increasing lap lane capacity to two swimmers per lane. The swimmers in the lap lane can be from the same or different households. Each swimmer must have a reservation. The city will still offer some individual lap lane swim times for at-risk populations during specific days and times.
Also, going forward community members will not pay in advance when booking a reservation online, but pay or scan a membership card at the facility.
General access is allowed for the weight room and cardio area. The pools and aquatics area, along with fitness and mind/body classes still require advance reservations.
- The facility is separated into activity zones that operate on a staggered reservation to support cleaning and safe transition. Fitness equipment and stations are space 6 feet apart.
- Current activity zones include: aquatics lap lanes/lesiure pods, cardio/weight rooms, and group fitness spaces.
- Staff and patrons are screened per city policy and required to wear face coverings. Custodial day porters provide hourly cleaning of high touch areas (doors, counters, restroom fixtures) and recreation center staff sanitize equipment used after each reservation. Patrons are asked to wipe down reserved equipment after use. The entire facility is “fogged” after closing using an electrostatic sprayer.
- General access is allowed for the weight room. The pools and aquatics area, along with fitness and mind/body classes still require advance reservations.
- Reserved 1-hour time blocks
- Reservations only provide access to the reserved space
- Restrooms are available.
- No-contact bottle filling stations
- Locker rooms and limited shower heads
- All visitors and staff must maintain social distancing while inside of the facility
- Face coverings are required at all times, including during exercise, unless the individual has received doctor authorization that wearing a mask could impair their ability to breathe. Face coverings may be removed for swimming activity, but must worn before and after using the pool or showers.
- Lap lane activity only (lap swimming, water running, etc.) - Up to two swimmers per lane.
- Six reservable spaces for leisure swimming in the lap pool. Max 5 people per reservation. Must include 1 adult. ADA pool ramp access is available.
The hot tub is open and allows 2 individual reservations per half hour.
Leisure reservations include access to the drop slide and diving board. The entire lap pool is open-swim. Households are responsible for social distancing appropriately.
- Sanitized, watertight storage bins available for each pool lane reservation
- Higher levels of chlorine in pool (3.0 PPM instead of 2.0 PPM)
- Electronic whistles from lifeguards and physical distance from staff
- Cardio area is in gymnasium. Cardio Machine Layout
- Additional functional fitness equipment is available in the cardio area – limited quantities.
- Racquetball reservations are available for individual, singles matches or household use. Racquetball reservations
- The lobby seating area is closed
- Furniture (chairs, lounges, tables is not available for use.)
- Towel service
- Shared pool equipment (bring your own kickboards, pull buoys, exercise belts)
- Suit spinner
- The sauna is closed.
- Childcare is closed.
- The gymnasium area is serving as a cardio equipment room, and is currently not open for open recreation
- The yoga room is closed to patron access. (Check schedule for class offerings)
- The multipurpose room is closed to patron access. (Check schedule for class offerings)
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday – 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday - 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Annual, monthly, financial aid, Silver Sneakers, and Silver & Fit pass holders can now make their complimentary reservations online for all outdoor sport courts located at the recreation centers. This includes tennis, pickleball, and platform tennis courts located at the east, north and south recreation centers.
- We strongly encourage you to use your Boulder Parks and Recreation account to complete the reservation. If you have had a BPR membership or have registered for courses with us before, you likely have an account. Please use ‘Forgot your login name or password’ if you’re unsure. If you don’t already have an account, set up a new account .
- Reservations can be made by phone at 303-413-7260 during operating hours up to one hour before closing, for patrons that require assistance or would like to make arrangements for in-person payment.
- Reservations are limited to one per day, per area/class.
- Bookable activities open two days in advance, at 8 a.m. for reservations.
- Booking a specific lane or leisure pod will not guarantee you that lane upon arrival at the facility. You may be required to use a different lane or pod based on staff’s need to accommodate pool access per ADA or another operational need.
- Six reservable spaces for leisure swimming in the lap pool. Max 5 people per reservation. Must include 1 adult.
- Reservation Fees & Options
- Annual, Monthly and Punch Card memberships are being accepted. Pass Reactivation Plan
- Additional access options are available to support the department’s commitment to access for all, and the following accounts will see fees reduced automatically during checkout:
- Modifying reservations
- Patrons may cancel or rebook reservation up to two hours in advance.
- If you need to modify a reservation, call the North Boulder Recreation Center at 303-413-7260.
- No refunds or credits will be provided for bookings canceled within two hours of the reservation.
- Reservation "No shows"
- When a patron reserves a bookable facility space, fails to show up for the reservation, and fails to alert the necessary facility staff at least two hours before the reservation they will be charged a $5 no show fee. Continued occurrences may include a temporary suspension from your privilege to reserve facility spaces in the future.
Patrons can properly alert staff by cancelling their booking at least two hours before their reserved time by calling the front desk at the location of their reservation.
No refunds or credits will be provided for bookings canceled within two hours of the reservation.
- Facility Closures
- If an area of the facility needs to close due to a mechanical, safety or staffing issue, patrons with reservations will be contacted and staff will facilitate a re-booking or credits/refunds.
- Before leaving home, consider your current health. Stay home if you feel sick. Review the COVID-19 symptom checker for the best practices to follow before participation.
- Arrive wearing your face covering and workout clothes or swimsuit. Leave valuables at home, or in your transportation. Check-ins will begin 15 minutes prior to your reserved time.
- Face coverings are required at all times, including during exercise, unless the individual has received doctor authorization that wearing a mask could impair their ability to breathe. Face coverings may be removed for swimming activity, but must worn before and after using the pool or shower.
- Arrive at the facility no more than 15 minutes before your reservation.
- Please maintain physical distance from other patrons while you wait.
- For pool reservations, a waterproof storage container will be available for use during your workout; containers are disinfected by staff between reservations.
- Lifeguards will provide a signal when it's safe to enter the pool and start your swim.
- During your workout, please try to maintain the maximum distance from staff and patrons, follow staff instructions, and avoid behaviors that could impact the health of others (spitting, coughing, close contact, etc.)
- Please exit upon the ending of your scheduled reservation time, and proceed directly to the exit door.
- All reservations include 5 minutes at the beginning (top of the hour) for transitions between bookings.